BS fish story

Off topic discussions can be had here.
treeplanter

BS fish story

Post by treeplanter » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:42 pm

A BS fish story

and ended at the Flathead. The client didn't want us shooting when the wind was over 30 km per hour because of distortion; so since we were in the r. lake
scree slope
golden

upper b. lake

After we landed i acclimatized the goldens to the water at the upper lake outlet puddle, after about 10 min i submerged the buckets and the adults took off like a shot while the wee ones hung around a bit before hiding under some cover, meanwhile the guys fished for the plentiful cutts that already inhabited the lake.
4 years later i hiked into b. lakes and caught cutts and 2 nice goldens near the outlet. i didn't return to b. lakes until 2001 when i caught a few fish that looked like goldens, a few that looked like hybrids, all near the outlet, while around the rest off the lake the trout looked like pure cutts. jump ahead to my most recent visit in 2014, the trout looked mostly like cutts but if you looked closely there were still some signs of goldens, but if you didn't know the the story you might not even notice.

hybrids

Last edited by treeplanter on Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

McLeod

Re: Shut 'er down

Post by McLeod » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:43 am

Have a great winter ! Looking forward to getting together next summer again.
I still have the pictures on the Camera and hopeful my daughter can get it on the picture system this week and send it out to you and Dek. Take care !