Admins Camera

Off topic discussions can be had here.
Steven Noel

Admins Camera

Post by Steven Noel » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:31 pm

Dear Admin,

After viewing most of your lake descriptions, I have noted that the majority of your pictures are ratehr nice. Whilst my dad is a an ameteur photographer with a camera worth more then a year of university tuition, I would like to inquire as to what camera you use on these trips.

Thanks a Lot,

Steven Noel

Heffty

Re: Admins Camera

Post by Heffty » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:33 pm

Some (a handful) of the pics were taken with my Kodak point and shoot. I just bought an Olympus Stylus 830 Digital Camera so you may see a pic or two from that one as well in the coming years. The Admin has used an Olympus Stylus 750 point and shoot camera for the majority of pics on here.

Steven Noel

Post by Steven Noel » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:48 pm

Mmmk thank you for the information. I too have an Olympus; an FE-370, but thats just a compact digital. Those models are SLRs, am I correct?

Steven Noel

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:05 pm

Heffty is right manyf the pictures on the site are shot with a Stylus 750 by Olympus. Before that I used a 35mm Stylus 120 which I had put online once developed. Some of the pictures on the site are from that film camera including the site banner of Lower Kananaskis Lake on a clear Fall day. The small logo with a mountain in the background was also from this film camera, you may reconize it as the Chester Lake photo in that section. Of course there is at least one or two photos from Heffty's Camera. The Stylus Models are weatherproof allowing me a bit of flexablility in the backcountry. I have acually dropped the 750 in a lake and it still worked. They are not SLR, I don't really want to carry the weight.
OutdoorAlberta.com

Steven Noel

Post by Steven Noel » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:10 pm

Mmmmk. Thanks for the information. My dad stil refuses to go digital. He has several lenses sompatible with his Canon, up to 50cm. Typicaly only carries up to 15cm on day trips and the 30cm for backcountry camping. We must proceed with caution however, as it will be ruiend forever if wet.

Heffty

Post by Heffty » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:00 pm

I look back on many of the pictures my father developed into slides from his film cameras and they were amazing. He has such an issue playing around with settings on the digital camera that often times the opportunity for the picture passes him by. He did a lot of hiking and the camera still lives on.

Steven Noel

Post by Steven Noel » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:52 pm

So true. We have over 30,000 pictures in our archives in our basement, all from my dad's same cannon.