Owl Lake

Discuss Fishing here including your own fishing reports.
friendofacatahoula

Re: Owl Lake

Post by friendofacatahoula » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:18 am

Has anyone made the trip into Owl or Marvel so far this year? I am thinking about making a 2-3 day in at the end of the month.

Going off previous info and knowing the trail past Watridge from the Mt Shark parking lot, is this the preffered route? With out looking at my Gemtrek and Back roads book as they are at home I would guess 16 km from the parking lot?

Dekkard

Post by Dekkard » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:00 pm

If there is a shorter route I would like to know what it is. (lol) I haven't gone in yet this year but I did 2 day trips to Owl last year and it was around 33km round trip. You can ride your bike in until you hit BNP and then you hike along the Bryant Creek Trail which is very mellow and long. It took Treeplanter, McLeod, and myself 3 hours to get to Owl. The trail off Bryant Creek up to Owl is a little tougher as you gain elevation into the lake. It would be nice to have a heli drop ya off. ;)

friendofacatahoula

Post by friendofacatahoula » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:41 pm

thanks Dekkard, I was actually thinking about taking the bikes and dropping them off in the bushes. There are a few places I wish I could have a heli drop me off at, but thats what keeps me going back!

We are keeping our options open but we plan on doing a couple day'er atleast and its the first one of the summer for us.