Invincible Lake

Discuss Fishing here including your own fishing reports.
Heffty

Re: Invincible Lake

Post by Heffty » Thu May 28, 2009 9:23 pm

treeplanter wrote:I've been there a few times, Fishing depends on stocking, it usually gets stocked every 4 or 8 years, it was just stocked last summer so expect lots of little ones this year (single barbless please).
General Sportfishing Restrictions on Pg 18 states:
It is Unlawful to:
* Use a hook that is not a barbless hook
* Use a line in angling equipped with more than three hooks (e.g, three hooks, or three single-hook lures, or one three-hook lure)
* Use a lure in angling with more than three hooks as part of it.
* Use a hook with more than three points on a common shaft

Personally, I abide by these rules.

Steven Noel

Post by Steven Noel » Thu May 28, 2009 9:39 pm

As do we. As we have absolutely no intention of keeping any fish I catch at alpine lakes, we partake in extra care. It's a shame that some do not.

Release to Catch Another Day,

Steven Noel

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:16 pm

This is a nice lake. I have heard of going up a trail near or on the creek but I don't have that information and have never tried it. I went up the blown down dead tree way to the ridge (which it not fun). From there I found the trail on the ridge and headed down. I also agree with the watch for Griz warning as there was alot of fresh sign over the ridge and near the lake.
OutdoorAlberta.com

Steven Noel

Post by Steven Noel » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:52 am

Interesting. On another note do you ever fsih any of the lakes off of Abraham Lake?

Steven Noel

treeplanter

Post by treeplanter » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:39 am

I'm thinking you're asking about the hike in lakes in or near the Cline river drainage west of the Abraham reservoir. I've been to all of them except for Michele and Obstruction, not that I haven't tried to get to those too, but circumstances beyond my control... So what exactly did you want to know?

Steven Noel

Post by Steven Noel » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:29 pm

Perfect. I'd appreciate any information on Allstones, Landslide, Entry, Lake of the Falls annd Coral, particularily the last two. How were teh hikes? How was the fishing, assuming you fished?

Thanks, Steven Noel

boughner

Post by boughner » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:57 pm

Just returned from there. Tough hike, but easily done in a day. Grizzly came onto the lake while we were there. Didn't seem fazed by our presence. Don't go alone, take bear spray and make noise.