OUTDOORALBERTA.COM  Exploring the Extraordinary
HomeMountain BikingFishingBackcountry CampingHikingWinterForumsFaq/Contact

2016 Fishing Season

Discuss Fishing here including your own fishing reports.
McLeod
Anti Spam Question 1: 102
Anti spam Question 2: Register

2016 Fishing Season

Postby McLeod » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:55 pm

Only weeks away from catching trout in some of the World's most beautiful places. I have been scouring old research material , books and magazines to keep looking for those jewels in the Rockies. I am always fascinated that you hike into a place one year and there are a few small fish and then your try it again 5 years later and bang 18 to 20 inch fish. Again last season I stumbled onto some very decent sized trout in virtually untouched waters. I have again made plans to hit a many lakes and I will also be helping to update a popular fishing guide with National Parks information. My favorite spots will remain a secret. Lol. I am trying to put together and epic trip in early August to a seldom fish lake that has some big ones. While its a long hike in Grizzly country the reward will be worth it. Haven't found any takers who want to hike that far in a day. If your interested or you want some company for one of your trips let me know. No changes in the fishing regulations this year but check them out on the Parks Canada website to confirm opening and closing dates. Have a great season and hopefully you will post your reports from your trips. Be safe and good luck !

admin
Site Admin
Anti Spam Question 1: 99

Re: 2016 Fishing Season

Postby admin » Wed May 18, 2016 9:04 pm

Looks like the ice will be off early this year as the snow pack has been melting quite early. Which fishing guide is getting an update? Let me know where your headed in August as I might have some time. Last year I landed a 24" Brookie and explored some new spots as usual. I know I really should update this site. Just keeping myself too busy.

Admin
OutdoorAlberta.com

Heffty

Postby Heffty » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:16 pm

I just had a baby boy two weeks ago, so my fishing days will be extremely limited this year. I could be up for an August adventure though. Keep me posted.

FreddieDon

Postby FreddieDon » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:36 am

How's this fishing season been treating you, fellas? Any record catches or interesting encounters out there?

Return to “Fishing”